- Proper healthcare, including physical and mental health, reduces unnecessary disabilities that can hinder employment opportunities, and more.
- Clients are given access to resources for low income insurance plans, as well as locally affordable health clinics and pharmacies.
- T.O.R.I. encourages clients to incorporate health education and awareness training as part of their reentry goals.
- T.O.R.I. believes that a client’s reentry success or failure is directly correlated to their living environment.
- In an effort to ensure successful reentry for thousands of clients, T.O.R.I. partners with local shelters, transitional housing programs, property owners, and the local housing authorities.
- The T.O.R.I. model is effective because our approach to housing assistance goes beyond affordability. We aim to assist clients in obtaining a healthy living environment, including safe neighborhoods.
- Clients taking advantage of our educational program offerings develop the confidence they need to compete in today’s dynamic workforce.
- T.O.R.I. offers access to diverse educational and training programs, including GED training.
- With professional, yet personable classroom settings that accommodate all learning styles, clients feel comfortable participating in classroom discussions.
- Year after year, T.O.R.I. assists thousands of clients in the areas of skills assessment, coaching, and placement.
- From resume creation and interviewing skills to workplace ethics and attire, these are just a few topics included in T.O.R.I.’s coaching curriculum.
- T.O.R.I. also aids clients in completing online and hard copy applications.
- Unlike other reentry programs across the nation, T.O.R.I. takes a faith-based approach in assisting former inmates returning to their communities.
- Spiritual support, at the client’s request, is offered in the form of prayer and Bible study, among other methods, to guide clients along their journey.
- Clients are given access to a professional team of mentors dedicated to reshaping the lives – and narratives – of former inmates.
- T.O.R.I. understands that when a person is incarcerated, the entire family is adversely impacted by that incarceration.
- From feelings of guilt and anger to sadness and fear, therapy is the solution that can heal the family unit.
- As a solution to this challenge, the family reunification component of T.O.R.I. provides comprehensive intervention to identify family strengths, as well as deficiencies.